Farm to School Student Chef Competition March 14, 2018
The Georgia Department of Education School Nutrition Program, as part of the Shake it Up in School Nutrition initiative, is holding its 2nd annual Farm to School Student Chef Competition. The Student Chef Competition is open to student teams in grades 9-12 throughout the state.
Teams will compete to develop a nutritious, student-friendly recipe that includes local foods, USDA Foods and is easily incorporated into the school food service program. The competition consists of a Recipe Contest and a Cooking Competition.
Please review the guidelines and application.
- 2018 Student Chef Competition Fact Sheet
- 2018 Student Chef Competition Guidelines
- 2018 Student Chef Application
Along with the above documents, the following documents and resources are posted on our Student Chef Competition webpage:
- Student Chef Competition Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
- National School Lunch Program Guidelines – 2018
- Student Chef Competition Overview PowerPoint
- Application deadline: January 10, 2018. Recipes must be approved by the School Nutrition Program.
- Teams will be notified by mid-February if they were selected to compete in the Cooking Competition.
- The Cooking Competition will be held Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at the Williams S. Hutchings College & Career Academy in Macon, Georgia. Scholarships will be awarded to the top three winning teams.